Summer is great in Spokane...but I'm a sucker for fall. When the seasons change you can't help but want to cozy up with that special someone and hibernate (even if it's just your dog). Here are some fun ideas to take advantage of this beautiful weather so you can save your hibernating for winter.
FALL DATE IDEAS
- Riverfront Park Date: Take a Skyride Over the Falls, watch the free light show in the US Pavilion, visit Huntington Park, view the Falls, ride the Looff Carousel then head to Anthony’s or Clinks for dinner.
- Greenbluff Date: Explore the orchards (did you know there's a goat farm on the bluff), pick pumpkins, get lost in the corn maze, eat some warm pumpkin donuts and enjoy Fall Harvest Festival at Beck’s Harvest House then visit Cat Tales on the way down.
- Head to Coeur d'Alene and become one with the Alpacas as Seven Stars Ranch!
- Manito Park Date: Get coffee and pastries at Rockwood Bakery, take the pups for a walk to chase ducks around the pond, stroll through the park's 90-acres and take in the beautiful fall colors then visit the Gaiser Conservatory!
- Monroe Date: Start at the beautifully re-done North Monroe Corridor and head south, visiting all of the thrift shops! Make sure to stop by Kingsley & Scout for some true PNW souvenirs, then stop by on a Monday for McRuins night (the restaurant's version of your fast-food favorites) at Ruins (featured on Diners, Drive-Ins & Dives).
- WSU Football Date: Cover yourselves in crimson and gray and hit the road to Pullman! Get there early and do some tailgating, swing by the Fieldhouse for a cold one then celebrate the Coug win with a calzone at Sella's!
- Northern Quest Date: Have a mini vacation! Get a room and explore all the resort has to offer - the casino, the restaurants, catch a concert or get a couples massage in the spa.
- Get Pumpkin Spice Lattes from Starbucks then visit Greenwood Cemetery and hike the 1000 steps. Good luck!
- Downtown Date: Pick five restaurants within walking distance of each other – have an appetizer at one, salad at another, soup at the next, entrée at the next and dessert at the last!
- Bike the Hiawatha and explore the town of Wallace, Idaho.
- Visit a Spokane Chief's Game and have dinner at David’s Pizza.
- Have a picnic in the leaves at Finch Arboretum.
- Do MAN stuff. Like Axe throwing at Heber Hatchets! Bring your favorite tak-out or order Uber Eats to be delivered while you play!!!
- Okay, maybe one night of hibernation won't hurt...Make yourselves a blanket fort, each chooses a movie, grab a bunch of junk food and enjoy a night of doing absolutely nothing but enjoying each other's company.