Summers are great in Spokane...but I'm a sucker for fall. When the seasons change you can't help but want to cozy up with that special someone and hibernate. Here are some fun ideas to take advantage of this beautiful weather so you can save your hibernating for winter.
FALL DATE IDEAS
- Greenbluff Date: Explore the orchards (did you know there's a goat farm on the bluff), pick pumpkins, get lost in the corn maze, eat some warm pumpkin donuts and enjoy Fall Harvest Festival at Beck’s Harvest House then visit Cat Tales on the way down.
- Manito Park Date: Get coffee and pastries at Rockwood Bakery, take the pups for a walk to chase ducks around the pond, stroll through the park's 90-acres and take in the beautiful fall colors then visit the Gaiser Conservatory!
- WSU Football Date: Cover yourselves in crimson and gray and hit the road to Pullman! Get there early and do some tailgating, swing by the Fieldhouse for a cold one then celebrate the Coug win with a calzone at Sella's!
- Monroe Date: Start at the beautifully re-done North Monroe Corridor and head south, visiting all of the thrift shops! Make sure to stop by Kingsley & Scout for some true PNW souveniers, then stop by on a Monday for McRuins night (the restaurant's version of your fast-food favorites) at Ruins (recently featured on Diners, Drive-Ins & Dives).
- Carve pumpkins, make pumpkin seeds and watch scary movies at home!
- Get Pumpkin Spice Lattes from Starbucks then visit Greenwood Cemetary and hike the 1000 steps. Good luck!
- Northern Quest Date: Have a mini vacation! Get a room and explore all the resort has to offer - the casino, the restaurants, catch a concert or get a couples massage in the spa.
- Downtown Date: Pick five restaurants within walking distance of each other – have an appetizer at one, salad at another, soup at the next, entrée at the next and dessert at the last!
- Bike the Hiawatha and explore the town of Wallace, Idaho.
- Visit a Spokane Chief's Game and have dinner at David’s Pizza.
- Have a picnic in the leaves at Finch Arboretum.
- Okay, maybe one night of hibernation won't hurt...Make yourselves a blanket fort, each chooses a movie, grab a bunch of junk food and enjoy a night of doing absolutely nothing but enjoying each other's company.